zondag 1 april 2007

Wanneer en door wie / When and by whom?

Ik heb het nogal druk op het werk -- vandaar de relatieve stilte hier. Van breien komt niet zoveel terecht -- ik ben begonnen met een paar zwarte zijden sokken voor Grote Lobbes en heb de eerste 10 rijen gebreid van een bruine versie van Rusted Root. Dat was alles qua brei-activiteit vorige week.

I'm pretty busy at work -- hence the relative silence at this blog. I haven't been knitting much the past week; I've started a pair of black silk socks for my Big Man and have started with the 10 first rows of a brown cotton Rusted Root. That's all, folks :-)

Bobbi, onze "groepsleidster" van Secret Pal 10, heeft wel een leuk stel vraagjes voor ons. Wie wil, mag die ook in de commentaren beantwoorden :-)

Bobbi, our "group leader" in Secret Pal 10, has a nice set of questions for us. Dear readers, feel free to answer them as well, in the comments!

1) How old were you when you learned how to knit?
8 years old. I grew up in Belgium and went to a girls-only, rather strict and traditional catholic primary school. When we were 8, we learned to crochet, to knit, to do simple embroidery and cross stitch, and even some macrame. I think we're one of the last generations of schoolgirls who had this in their curriculum, but I'm not sure!

2) Who taught you?
Our school teacher of 3rd grade (for 8-9 year old girls). Sadly, I entirely forgot her name... But I must say that my mom and my paternal grandmother nourished my love for knitting and crochet -- my mother was a rather fanatic knitter (she made heaps of spectacular, typical 1980s sweaters, many from the Anny Blatt brand) and my grandmother made dozens of crochet doilies, bedspreads and pillow cases.

How about you, reader?

1 opmerking:

Anoniem zei

Thanks for playing. I'll send my answers next week.